Do you know what Content Marketing is?
When I started I had no idea what content marketing was. I had confusion about what it could do, and how it fits into marketing. Here are 5 steps about content marketing.
- Definition– “a type of marketing that involves the creation and sharing of online material (such as videos, blogs, and social media posts) that does not explicitly promote a brand but is intended to stimulate interest in its products or services. Social media is an integral part of content marketing” ~Dictionary.com
- Now I know that content marketing is building a community, being yourself and generously giving by teaching others what you have learned. Another part of it is repurposing your content into various forms, adapting it for various uses. It’s the practice of creating, publishing, and sharing content with the goal of building both your reputation and your businesses visibility. Focusing on your visibility first, you build your community that knows likes and trusts you. And when they do so, they will purchase your services and products. You are teaching what you know to help them with their problems.
- Today people don’t want to be advertised to when making a purchase. Do you? That is the old style of marketing. What they do want is valuable information and that is content, often spread via social networks. These generate word-of-mouth exposure from content marketers that are a trusted source of information. Social Media generates avenues for sharing. A movement of followers from social platforms to your email list, where they become prospects for your business.
- Content managers give away a lot of information, be it seasonal or just informational. It can take the form of writing a white paper or blog posts, online videos, or infographics. Anything that tells a story, even live events. A digital account that resonates with someone. It builds trust. And what you teach can be worth money to you. Be it digital products that resonate with someone or an online course, or a paid for product, such as an online service.
Some Content Marketing Businesses
You may be familiar with HubSpot a CRM that is free to paid content. A premium product that is organized and structured. “HubSpot is a developer and marketer of software products for inbound marketing and sales.” ~ Wikipedia
Social Media Examiner helps millions of businesses discover how to best use social media marketing to connect with customers, drive traffic, and increase sales. Social Media Examiner has a stream of valuable posts, a veritable factory of blog posts on daily basis. For the past 8 years, they get their income from hosting a yearly convention. The Social Media Marketing World Conference in San Diego. Something NEW A TV show that shows what working in a business is all about. “The Journey, a Social Media Examiner production, is an episodic video documentary that shows you what really happens inside a growing business.” Michael Stelzner Looks very interesting.~ Social Media Examiner.com
- Content upgrades
- transcripts of a video
- resource lists
- lead magnet
- cheat sheets
- series of articles via email
- into a webinar
- PDF of a blog post
How you build your own audience with your products and services is what builds your business. Content marketing is the creation and sharing of online material to reach and teach your community about your business.
A related article in PAC – Six ways to Find New Content Ideas by Ruth Bowers
PS If you have enjoyed this post please comment below, like and share Thanks.
Stay PAC Informed
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thanks for subscribing 🙂
Oops - Something went wrong.